Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

L-134 adjusted valves but have a nock on ideal and low

Customer Question

L-134 adjusted valves but have a nock on ideal and low revving up.
Category: Classic Car
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Motor Rebuilt , has 650 mil. was rebuilt 2 yrs. ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If the knock was present before and after adjusting the valves it is possible this is an issue with crank shaft or cam shaft bearings in the engine.If these have not been inspected it would be a good idea to have this checked into to see if this is the cause here for this noise issue.If this was already checked let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete