Gary
Gary, Classic Car Mechanic
Experience:  ase.GM master tech
19513769

I have a 1972 GMC K10 it has a 350 motor in it the spark

Customer Question

I have a 1972 GMC K10 it has a 350 motor in it the spark plugs that are in it now are Autolite 45 but the ones I just got from from ACDelco r43 look totally different is the Autolite 45 the correct plug or the AC Delco r43
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a 1971 GMC K10 with a 350 motor in it I just bought it and it has Autolite 45 plugs in it I just got AC Delco r43 and they say these are the correct plug and I don't know who to believe
Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

the cross over for Autolite 45 are AC delco R83TS range

1972 chevy 350 engines usually use 44 or the 45t

if it was running fine with the autolite plugs i would cross over delco plugs to that autolite number or run another set of autolites

dont forget to rate us here

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The Autolite 45 plug ian the AC Delco r43 plug look totally different the truck doesn't run perfect that's why I'm changing the plugs in hopes to make it run perfect and there's this is not r45t it's 45 that's it
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is not just an ordinary truck this is a very nice refinished truck and I believe they put the wrong plugs in it because the motor runs very bad it doesn't have any power and I'm looking for an exact answer it's a 1971 GMC 350 heavy-duty motor in a K10
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you still there because I'm not satisfied with your answer you just gave me a generalization I need to know what plug goes in the truck it's the original motor and I can't find on any of the cross references for any 350 made in 1971 takes a Autolite 45 plug