Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Technician
Experience:  I have 30 years experience repairing, restoring, and customizing cars, and pickup trucks.
9795573

I have a 1967 Buick that I need restored. What's the best

Customer Question

Hi I have a 1967 Buick that I need restored. What's the best option to get the car restored very inexpensive. Everyone wants a ton of money I need help
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Kevin Bourcier replied 3 months ago.

hello . this a free response to your question . I have 3 60's early 70's muscle cars that I have and have been restoring . I am a 40 year technician , mechanic and have done over 35 full restorations for customers and for myself . I am currently working on 2 1966 Mustangs and a 70 1/2 Z28 . I am sad to tell you there is no way to do a " cheap " restoration . just from the cost of materials and replacement parts alone . it is expensive . I do EVERYTHING myself . the cost of the parts alone is daunting never mind if you are going to have to pay labor . Get some " How To " restoration books , read up and determine if you can do a lot of the preparation and general cleaning work yourself . I have included a pic of my very first " major " restoration . this car was what I drove in High School , had as my wedding car in 1982 . I spent the better part of 2 years doing a proper " frame up " restoration/rebuild of this car way back in 1980 to 1982 . This car was Nice . It Won it's class in the 1983 " World of Wheels " car show in Vancouver in 1983 . Check the date . ( the Year ) that Car back in that era cost me $26000.00 dollars to finish . Today that translates to over $100000.00 . Make NO mistake , you have an awesome car and I hope that you can figure someway to get it restored but there is no " inexpensive " way of restoring any Classic/vintage vehicle . Get some books . See if you can do it or a lot of it on your own , talk some buddies into coming and helping . Good Luck ! Sincerely ***** ***** . :-)