Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I am not a mechanic. How do I install hydraulic disc brakes

Customer Question

I am not a mechanic. How do I install hydraulic disc brakes on a 1936 Ford sedan?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Are these the orignial brakes?
Customer: Approximately 72,00 miles. I would think not, but they are the original type.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Nothing. I have new front disc (supposedly bolt on) assemblies.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The rear brakes will remain drum type, although hydraulic.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

In some cases a replacement or repair info like this on a classic model can be difficult to obtain and you may need to contact a repair facility in your area to see if they can tell you how to install these or to see what they would charge to do this themselves.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.