Matt, Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons mechanical engineering 20 years repairing my own cars and others, 8 yrs in formula 1 engin
12772297

I just bought a 1975 450 sl convertible. The the car pulls

Customer Question

I just bought a 1975 450 sl convertible. The the car pulls to left and steering wheel is off centered with out brakes applyed. Also guage lights dont go on, any idea I would appreciate it.
T.Kanal
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Matt replied 3 months ago.

Hello

The first thing I'd do is take the car to a place that does 4 wheel suspension alignment, most places use the back wheels as a datum and assume that they are perfectly straight and true. Often this is not the case and many modern cars are now adjustable at the rear as well as the front.

A 4 wheel alignment measures all four wheels independently and each is set -up without referring to each other.

as for the gauge lights not coming on then do you mean the backlight doens't come on with the lights? or the oil pressure light and ignition light don't illuminate with a stopped engine