sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I lost contact- Ok 1996 rr silver spur Interior lights don't

Customer Question

I lost contact-
Ok 1996 rr silver spur
Interior lights don't turn off. Ever.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

My information is limited on this model but I would like to try to help since your question has been open for an extended time without a response.

Does the door ajar light stay on?
Have you tried turning the lights off at the dimmer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No door is closed. Lights are always on , until I turn the battery off in trunk. So I didn't get any answer. I didn't answer as no one contacted me. For days. I'm sure your very nice but any answer would be better than " is the door ajar". I'd be foolish to not check that. I asked if there is a light turn on, or off button. It's a 1996 rolls Royce silver spur. Hardly old as its a Rolls. It was my Moms. I don't know how it works as she's just passed. So try to figure it out, I read the manual .
And if there is a dimmer switch tell me where it is. I promise a great review . Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can't drive car with the doors open. I read the manual. Can't you find the location of dimmer switch? If so I will give you great reviews.
Ps- no one contacted me - that's why no answer on my end. You were the only one that's contacted me. Thanks
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.
You should have a dimmer to turn down the illumination and when all the way down it would turn off the dome lights, all the way up would turn them on constantly.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok! Now did you find the dimmer ? I looked everywhere and can't find it.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have a 750li- I know where the dimmer switch is. I can't find it in the Rolls.
Could it be a fuse that needs to be changed? My dad survived my Mom- he can't find it either. I'm sorry I'm a a pain in the neck. But I'm tired of jump starting the car. And turning off the trunk switch every time I go somewhere. But as your a pro I'm sure you know it's annoying to jumpstart one car with the other cars, and the cables. The interior lights are on all the time I drive it.

I will try and locate owner's information and get back to you as quickly as I can.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you so much.

You're welcome.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's not finished yet- the gentleman is checking manual.

I will respond as soon as I am able.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok. Goodnight.
I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

The interior light dimmer/dome lamp switch is part of the headlamp switch. It is a rotary switch as well a push/pull to turn the headlamps on. You should find that the dome lamps are turned on at the dimmer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's really not. The circle that puts on headlights and dimmer isn't connected. It doesn't pull in or out. It's stationary. Not pulled in or out.

Does it not pull to turn the headlamps on?