Lou P.
Lou P., Technician
Experience:  I currently own a 1969 and 1972 CAMARO and have 15+ years of training and knowledge!!!!
27644750

At the interior side of the heater case of my Jaguar E Type

Customer Question

At the interior side of the heater case of my Jaguar E Type Year built 1970 Body Type 2D can be found 2 levers . Lever 1 is sealed with a metal rod , which protrudes from the heater case and on which the ventilation flap is seated . Lever 2 is movably mounted on a metal tap, which is firmly connected with the heater case .
My question: How to communicate these two levers together ? With a spring ? Item number ?
Lever 2 has probably to be connected with the end of the existing metal rope.
Question: Which parts for this? Item number ?
Kind regards Alex
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Lou P. replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you.I am looking over your info now and will reply back soon with some info , thanks!

Expert:  Lou P. replied 3 months ago.

ok looking over your photos, let me ask you, what lever are you moving on the dash that moves the cable? (rope is what you labeled it as)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Lou, it´s the lever for the air flow. It is located right next to the tachometer. Thank you
Expert:  Lou P. replied 3 months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcXKugQysXs

Check this link and see if it resembles your box, i think the 61-75 E types are the same, correct me if i am wrong.

let me know if it helps or not.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Lou , thank you that you are carefully evaluating the problem . Screenshots 132 and 134 are from the video that you have recommended . The suspension of the heater case for lever 2 and lever 1 itself however are different from that on screenshot 135 ( from Google Images ) . This screenshot 135 looks like my heater box. So 61-75 E Types must have different heating cases. I need a picture on which we can see how this arrangement of lever 1+2+wire works when it is complete and hopefully on which are given the numbers of the original parts to order. What to do ? Ask a Jaguar Service you know ? Kind regards Alex
Expert:  Lou P. replied 3 months ago.

ok i see what you are saying. that is the best i can do at this point, let me open this up and see if another tech can chime in and help. sorry i could not assist quickly. Lou P

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I would be grateful for a message. Alex
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am still waiting for your answer. Alex
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My rate is 1 star. Please transfer money back. Alex