Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Technician
Experience:  I have 30 years experience repairing, restoring, and customizing cars, and pickup trucks.
9795573

I built a 52MTD Kit car fiberglass body the muffler is too

Customer Question

I built a 52MTD Kit car fiberglass body the muffler is too close to the fiberglass deck and fiberglass gets too hot. Need suggestion on different type muffler
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 8 months ago.

Are you using the stock type muffler with pea shooter pipes like this? If you could post a picture of what you have that would help too as well as the engine year if known.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Good morning, No I took off the heater boxes as this is a summer car. It is a 1968 VW engine. I will send you a picture later today, thanks for the help.

Sounds good, look forward to hearing from you then

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Good evening,
Did you receive the pictures I sent to you? If you did you can see the muffler is located right under the fiberglass rear pan. Pleas let me know what you would advise
Thank you
Leigh

Hi Leigh, it looks like customer care has not sent them yet. You may want to upload them here and copy and paste the link in your response here.