Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 1962 Nova convertible that I am retrofitting, 350

Customer Question

I have a 1962 Nova convertible that I am retrofitting, 350 v8, etc.
JA: What are all the symptoms you've noticed (e.g. noises, leaks, flashing lights, error codes)?
Customer: I have a Ron Francis wiring kit with a wiper switch and the wiper is a rebuilt 2 speed from a 63 vintage chevy truck, 3 terminals. What is the proper wiring?
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: The wiring kit has a power wire that indicates to the wiper but does it go to the switch on to the wiper motor. And which terminals on the motor are which?
JA: Are you fixing your Nova yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, myself. I have run the power to the switch first and also to the motor but no luck. It appears the switch has a terminal for power and a low terminal, a high terminal, a park terminal.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just looking for the proper wiring sequence. Thanks
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Unfortunately on an older model like this here you may need to obtain the wiring and connection info for this from a classic auto repair facility in your area.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete