Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Have a 64 ford galaxie with borg 4 speed that popped out of

Customer Question

have a 64 ford galaxie with borg 4 speed that popped out of high easily, rebuilt trans and adjusted linkage according to ford manual, it still pops out occasionally when not under load and more easily with rubber console boot attached. any thoughts?
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like the linkage is still not quite adjusted correctly causing this fault here.If it is worse with the rubber console boot attached this is usually the case.I would have the linkage re checked to see if it is properly adjusted or if it needs tweaked at all to correct this here.Check for any broken or damaged linkage components that may be causing this as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete