Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Technician
Experience:  I have 30 years experience repairing, restoring, and customizing cars, and pickup trucks.

I have a 1960 Cadillac series 62 and I had the Instrument

Customer Question

I have a 1960 Cadillac series 62 and I had the Instrument Cluster rebuilt! I have reinstalled the lights from the cable but can only get the one light to lite! Is there a way to check the cable one bulb at a time to see were the problem might be? Thank You, Jay
Category: Classic Car
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have 8 Lights in the Cluster but only 7 Bulbs on this cable is there anyway to tap off of one of the other gray wires to add another socket to complete the install and have all the bulbs work?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just need to know if it matters which order the Gray wires Go into the Cluster to Work properly?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can Someone Please send me any info for my problem with these Cluster Lights Problem? I would like you to email me some Ideas
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There has to be a Diagram or something to show how to put the gray wires in a certain order so the lights would work properly!
Or a way of testing each bulb in the circuit one by one to see which one would work? I guess I will have to try that method since no one has answered my Questions?
Expert:  Dr. Hamman replied 3 months ago.

I am an electrical specialist, and I will try to help. The gray lighting wires all share a common source for power. If some of the bulbs are working, and others are not you probably have a bad connection in the wiring. Odds are you will have to open up the wiring harness to find the problem. Pay particular attention to the splices where the dash lights all tie in.