Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Rolls Royce silver spur II will not go into gear

Customer Question

Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is the shifter shifting properly or does it feel loose when shifted into gear?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Nothing happens when you put it in gear
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The gear does not engaga
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Does it feel like the shifter is working o.k. like it is shifting in and out properly?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not moving at all
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

O.k.,this is usually caused by a fault with the shifter cable itself.It can corrode and bind up or seize up and cause this issue here.I have had to replace the cables on the shifters that lead to the transmission for this issue several times before.

This will have to be checked further to see if the cable itself does need replaced or if this is a possible fault with the electronic brake switch as it may not be allowing the shifter to release and can cause this here.This is usually best done by a repair facility or dealer to pinpoint the issue,then order in the part that is needed and replace it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete