sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My 79 Volvo 245 runs great. Ac doesn't seem to work. What do

Customer Question

My 79 Volvo 245 runs great. Ac doesn't seem to work. What do I do?
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Steve replied 4 months ago.

if the system is empty it will need be recharged and checked for leaks. If it still is an R12 system it will need to converted to R134 before recharging and checking.

If you do not have the ability to do this yourself you will need to take it to a repair shop.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Steve If I knew how to service my AC system , I wouldn't need to ask for an "expert! Your advice to "contact a repair shop" is useless too! I can contact a repair shop without you telling me to. If I contact a repair shop...why do I need to contact you??? Also...why don't you tell me exactly how to diagnose my AC system to tell what the problem actually is??? Tell me HOW TO FIGURE OUT IF MY SYSTEM NEEDS TO BE RECHARGED??? Do you actually know Steve??? What about electrical/switching problems? Vacuum switch issues? Heater door problems? Compressor diagnosis? Tell me about these things Steve! After you've walked me through these steps and it won't work...I'll take it to a shop.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What about fuses??? You forgot to ask me to check the fuse for the AC system. Have you really worked on AC systems?
Expert:  david craig replied 4 months ago.

Im David. the very first thing you should do is open up the fuse panel by the drivers kick panel and make sure they all look ok. thats such a problem area with these cars. once you determine all the fuses are ok, then it is mandatory to put an ac manifold gauge set on the ac system to see if you have a proper charge.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'll try that and get back to you.

ok sounds good

any update sir?

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

Do you still need help?