Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Technician
Experience:  I have 30 years experience repairing, restoring, and customizing cars, and pickup trucks.
9795573

No power to fuel; pump or coil. cranks but no start. was

Customer Question

no power to fuel; pump or coil . cranks but no start . was running and just stoped
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: battery is fully charged and headlights come on
JA: What is the model/year of your classic?
Customer: 1981 rolls royce corniche convertable
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: trying to fix my self check for spark and power to fuel pump . no power to coil or fuel pump
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: nothing comes to mind
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Classic Car Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need some more information

• i do need the vin # ***** the vehicle
  • was there any recent repair work before this issue occurred?
  • any recent hard bumps or accidents?

you will need a digital voltmeter once i have a game plan on your issue!!!

thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No repairs done recent no hard bumps or accident car low miles 30000 miles vin# *****
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 7 months ago.

ok let me check on this and will get back.