Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I have a 1950 Cadillac convertible the doors work fine until

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 1950 Cadillac convertible the doors work fine until I had it on a car trailer for five days now both doors don't open got any suggestions thanks
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check and see if any body alignment issues are found from moving it on a car trailer.I have seen doors bend or body bends cause doors to jam in some cases causing this fault here needing repaired.If this is or was checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Doors were fine, not Jamed
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Didn't helped me at all , somebody told me to jack the car up on the frame next to the door then try to open the door.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete