Tims Auto Repair
Tims Auto Repair, Classic Car Mechanic
Experience:  own repair shop for 25yrs
14541291

1973 Pontiac Grand Prix with center console shifter and

Customer Question

1973 Pontiac Grand Prix with center console shifter and automatic transmission does not want to shift back into park. Feels like shifter is not engaging or dis-engaging when attempting to shift from drive or reverse into park with the car stopped
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Tims Auto Repair replied 6 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

from the way you explain the problem.this sounds as if the shift cable to the transmission to the shifter is loose or is stretched and may need to be replaced..i dont think this is inside the transmission at all

thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.