Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Technician
Experience:  I have 30 years experience repairing, restoring, and customizing cars, and pickup trucks.
9795573

Pearl, I need help with my brake booster JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I need help with my brake booster
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a classic. The Classic Car Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It's a bendix hydro vac unit that needs a rebuild kit
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have found some kits for different years of Cadillacs 55-56-57 era that look promising but not sure exactly if they will work for my app
JA: Is there anything else the Classic Car Mechanic should be aware of about your classic?
Customer: Yes it's a Clark Cortez motor home 1965
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Classic Car Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Dr. Hamman replied 6 months ago.
I saw you were looking for help with a brake booster for a Clark Cortez motor home. I have done all types of classic car/truck/motor home repair/restorations through the years, parts like this can be tough to get service pieces for. What I would highly recommend is a place called Brake materials and parts in Fort Wayne Indiana. They are probably the best place in the country to get brake booster repairs performed at. If it was mine I would send it in for a rebuild. The reason being sometime the exact original pieces are not available. In this case you would likely get upgraded internals, likely more modern parts. I have yet to send them a booster that they couldn't provide a solution for, hopefully they can help you out with your booster. If you need any more help feel free to ask, good luck with it and thanks for using Just Answer.