Classic Car Service
Classic Car Service, Classic Car Mechanic
Experience:  ..................
14892859

Just bought 1939 Chevy coupe .l'am having trouble finding out

Customer Question

Just bought 1939 Chevy coupe .l'am having trouble finding out info on the engine. Can you please tell me where to look up serial numbers . They serial number stamped on the boss is(###) ###-####54x
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a a classic. The Classic Car Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Just bought 39 Chevy coupe I'am having trouble finding out info on the engine. Can you please tell me where to find info .the serial number stamped on the boss is(###) ###-####54X thanks.***@******.***
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Looking on the internet
JA: Is there anything else the Classic Car Mechanic should be aware of about your classic?
Customer: The valve cover has 4 bolts holding it down
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Classic Car Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Classic Car Service replied 9 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Please refer to the attachment. I believe this may assist you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That information was great.But it does not tell me anything about the engine serial number (0484930T54X) I would like to know what year and size this Chevy engine is. Thank you
If it is original, it should be a 216 cubic inch engine. More info is here: http://1954advance-design.com/Stovebolt-engine/casting-numbers.html
and here: http://www.stovebolt.com/techtips/39_40specs.html