Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Technician
Experience:  I have 30 years experience repairing, restoring, and customizing cars, and pickup trucks.

I have a1967 ford f100 with a 302 I need to know how to

Customer Question

Hi I have a1967 ford f100 with a 302 I need to know how to hook up the coil there is only one wire coming from the distributer The coil is currently positive to the ignition negative is Hooked to one side from the distributer. The coil is getting extremely hot when I try and start the engine
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Name is Joe
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Classic Car Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 6 months ago.
good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist the wire from the ignition switch goes to the + side of the coil. the wire to the distributor goes to the negative side. follow the wire into the distributor and see if the points/ condenser are ok. if the wire is grounded from age, it will overheat the coil. roy