Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Technician
Experience:  I have 30 years experience repairing, restoring, and customizing cars, and pickup trucks.

Really? 1957 Thunderbird. It cuts out if I put it anything

Customer Question

Really? 1957 Thunderbird. It cuts out if I put it anything but N,?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just told you. I get it running in Neatral. When I put in gear it dyes.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: That would be nice. I have called every Ford dealership in 50 miles. They don't want to touch it.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Ya, HELP!
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 6 months ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist a couple of questions 1. did you check the point gap or dwell?? 2. ignition timing???3. is this the 312 with the holley 4 barrell?? Roy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I replaced the points and cap. Gap is good. I don't have a timing light but it seems OK. V8 D Fordomatic
ok, thanks. it sounds like you ned to adjust the carb idle air bleed screws. is this the holley 4 barrell?? Roy