Ron, Classic Car Technician
Experience:  35 yrs. experience as an automotive technician.

Attempting to find what tools are needed bearing

Customer Question

attempting to find what tools are needed for wheel bearing replacement on a 79 ford 150 4wd
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: what tools are needed for wheel bearing replacement on a 79 ford 150 4wd, what steps are required
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ive packed the bearings with grease, an started getting tools together
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.I have enclosed the factory steps for removing the hubs on your 1979, Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view the steps. Once the hub and locking nuts are out , all you need a a punch to drive the bearing races if you are also replacing them with the new bearings.