Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Technician
Experience:  I have 30 years experience repairing, restoring, and customizing cars, and pickup trucks.
9795573

Grand Am: I have a 98 gran am 2.4 and installed a new radiator

Customer Question

I have a 98 gran am 2.4 and installed a new radiator and in order to get room enough to remove and install it I disconnected the battery then installed it after radiator was in place. The battery lite on the dash was off prior to removing the battery. But after i put it back in the battery lite came on.I checked the voltage at the bat with car running . It read 14 vts. The headlight , a/c and radio don't go down. Odd thing is the Bat lite stays off for 6 seconds on start up then comes on . You ever come across one like this and if so what did you find?
rior to
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 7 months ago.
The battery light is controlled by the PCM. First thing to do is to double check electrical connections at the battery, main battery terminal on the starter, and connections at the alternator (rear post and plug in connector). See if any of these are loose, then let me know if the problem is resolved. If not, we can go from there.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Very well dave, I will get back when I finish those checks

Thanks. Look forward to hearing back from you.Dave
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

O.K We are as soon as I get under the hood. No reply needed

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Do some checks and reply back to expert