Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Technician
Experience:  I have 30 years experience repairing, restoring, and customizing cars, and pickup trucks.

My 62 ford fairlane needed new power steering hoses. I put

Customer Question

my 62 ford fairlane needed new power steering hoses. I put the new ones on and with the car off the ground, the steering wheel spins uncontrollably until you turn off the car. What is wrong?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: After I changed the two power steering hoses, while the car is on jack stands. I filled the power steering resouvour with fluid. Started the engine and just by touching the steering wheel,it spins to the left then right
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Classic Car Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 6 months ago.

Hello, have you tried switching the lines around at the steering box?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can't do that,one is shorter.