Ron, Classic Car Technician
Experience:  35 yrs. experience as an automotive technician.
7276279

My 1978 vette has driver widow op. issue-it rolls down

Customer Question

my 1978 vette has driver widow op. issue-it rolls down fine,but seems to hit something inside the door ,stopping the window at about half to 1"from going up above door!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: goes down ,won"t go up more than an inch,seems to be getting stuck inside the door!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are describing may be caused by a failing window regulator but in order to determine if in fact that is the case you are going to need to remove the trim panel and inspect it as you roll the window up and down. I have enclosed the steps to check it int he link below. There not the best but its all thats available due to the age of the car.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Door%20regulator%20Mar%2025.pdf