cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

Matt, I have a 1964 Ford F100 with 6 Cillinder 223 ci

Customer Question

Hi Matt, I have a 1964 Ford F100 with 6 Cillinder 223 ci motor,the truck have only 18000 done miles . if I drive it for about 15 miles or only for a day or two ,then it starts to flood the sparkplugs(normaly the next morning) . I have replaced the coil,condenser,points,feulpump and carburator is redone but still the same problem.when I then put new plugs its going for the next 2 days again. I use the AP6FS NGK plugs and here in South Africa we only have 95 octane petrol. Some auto Electrition told me I must go for Electronic ignition system because the old cars and the petrol of today do not match.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

i would agree you need to go fuel injected the petrol is to rich and you are going to keep flooding it out