Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Technician
Experience:  I have 30 years experience repairing, restoring, and customizing cars, and pickup trucks.
9795573

71 el co 350/at unilite dist. engine will fire in the start

Customer Question

71 el co 350/at unilite dist. engine will fire in the start position but shuts off whern i let the key go to the run position
Category: Classic Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yesterday i warmed it up it was running fine and i reved it up a couple times and it acted like it was running out of gas and died and has been doing the above ever since. I replaced the battery cable to the starter and found the S terminal wire loose and the post loose so i am replacing the starter. it ran fine b4 the engine is new i have about 30 miles on it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have a quarter of a tank of gas. when i hooked the new battery cable to the battery i did not hear any clicking noise anywhere like i normally do.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you checked fuel flow to the carburetor to make sure you are getting fuel at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I put a new starter, fuel pump, fuel filter in carb and the one between the carb and the pump. If I hold the key over on start it runs but when i let go to run it shuts off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
found the problem the resistor wire to the coil was corroded under the tape. put a new end on the wires and Bada-Bing Bada- Bang she runs
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay.

That is great to hear the fault has been located and repaired.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know.

Thanks Pete