Classic Car Service
Classic Car Service, Classic Car Mechanic
Experience:  ..................
14892859

I have a 65 beetle and it's chugging or lurching while

Customer Question

I have a 65 beetle and it's chugging or lurching while driving. It doesn't seem to have much power either while it's doing this.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It started with the beetle not starting. I charged the battery for a couple of hours and it seemed fine. It chugs when I press on the gas and loses power at stops.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Classic Car Service replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. I had an older Beetle back in the day that did the exact same thing. Turned out that the generator was not producing sufficient voltage. You may want to get the output voltage checked before you do anything else.

Please confirm that you have received my input. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks.