Classic Car Service
Classic Car Service, Classic Car Mechanic
Experience:  ..................
14892859

I have a 1966 Dodge Charger,,I saw the 1966 dodge wing car

Customer Question

Hi ,I have a 1966 Dodge Charger,,I saw the 1966 dodge wing car with a Daytona wing..I know it's 21 inches high but I can't seem to find the horizontal size .THE 1966 DODGE CHARGER WING CAR THAT IS ON GOOGLE has the perfect wing that l would like to replicate ..can you please help me find the exact measurements of this wing.thankyou.paul
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Classic Car Service replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The 'actual' measurements of this wing may or may not work for you. If they fabricate one and it does not fit, you will have spent a lot of money for nothing. The absolute best advice I can give you here is to fabricate up a template. Using a level, verify straight up true and have an assistant hold the level where you want the vertical section to attach On the other side, do the exact same thing. Then measure the horizontal width between the two levels that are set to true. Tell your fabricator that this is the INSIDE measurement. Using this way (this is how we fabricate in the shop), you are assured of a perfect fit. If not, your wing may be to wide and hang over the quarter panel, which would look horrendous. In a situation like this, I agree with your Fab Company...they really need to see some valid measurements to ensure that your fabricated item fits perfectly.