Ron, Classic Car Technician
Experience:  35 yrs. experience as an automotive technician.
7276279

1931 Model A Tudor, front end shake when brakes are applied

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: seems to happen only when slowing and is magnified when i brake for a full stop. Fine driving down the road.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Classic Car Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My access to information on your 1931 Model A is very limited but since no one has tried to help you I will at least offer some ideas as to what may be causing this. I would start with having the front end inspected looking for any signs of excessive play starting with the king pins and tie rods. If any of these component are loose they can cause this type of shake.