K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Classic Car Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician, Associates Degree in Automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

I have a 1971 VW Super beetle, The heater cables, leading to

Customer Question

hello, I have a 1971 VW Super beetle, The heater cables, leading to the flaps under the back seat , connected to the lever beside the driver's seat, - I got the old broken ones out, and I have the new part, I need to know a smart ways to re-insert that two in one, "V" shaped cables, one I have them inserted into the tubes I know how to reconnect them. The hard part is trying to get the cables to follow their correct path, from the lever to the flaps, ???
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Hello, over the years I've found a fish tape works well to get the cable through the tube, I'll post a link below to the one I use

Fish tape

For some helpful instructions click here

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. Follow up questions concerning this are always free, even after rating or accepting. Thanks!