Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Technician
Experience:  I have 30 years experience repairing, restoring, and customizing cars, and pickup trucks.
9795573

I have a 1972 Toyota Landcruiser FJ40. Presently I am unable

Customer Question

I have a 1972 Toyota Landcruiser FJ40. Presently I am unable to get it to spark inside the distributor. It reads 12v all the way to the outside of the distributor, but we I put the tester inside the distributor it doesn't read. The distributor doesn't spark and there is no spark at the plugs. Didn't know if it's a ground issue or what but I am stuck and no one out here in the country seems to know about these old things. I have a new ignition switch and a new coil so it's not those. The distributor itself has a new cap and has had the points reset and they appear to be set accurately. Thanks so much!
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you have a voltmeter that reads ohms available?