Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Chuck
, I have replaced the gas gauge, the sending

Customer Question

Customer: chuck
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have replaced the gas gauge , the sending unit, tried with 4 different gauges all do the same thing . not necessarily reading backwards just tries to go backwards from E
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lincoln Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Classic Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am working a 1952 Ford F1 I have completely rewired this truck from head light to tail lights. I am now work on the gauges. I am running mechanical gauges in a console along with the oe gauges in the dash. the problem both gas gauges are doing the same thing. they try to go backwards from E when hooked up I have tried 4 different gauges and replaced the sending unit. I'm stumped?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cancel this session I found answer elsewhere
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect the chassis ground as this can sometimes cause this type of fault here.If there is an issue with the body ground this will need corrected or you might add a new ground to the body or frame to see if this resolves this fault.If you no longer need help on this here and the info you found corrects the issue let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete