Lou P.
Lou P., Technician
Experience:  I currently own a 1969 and 1972 CAMARO and have 15+ years of training and knowledge!!!!
27644750

I have a 1968 Chevelle. The wipers seem to sweep entire

Customer Question

I have a 1968 Chevelle. The wipers seem to sweep entire window but park 4 " high?? What do I do?
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. So if the wipers park higher than expected they must do something else I correctly like go down too far and hit the cowl or too high off the side of the windshield and hit the pillar. Do they do either ? Did you remove the wiper motor or linkage at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They park 3 to 4 inches high. Motor was replaced. Is there an adjustment to the parking can??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They do not go down or up to far and no binding
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Parking cam and not can!!
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

haha its ok on the spelling, let me see what you have going on here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

when the motor is replaced the transmission linkage (wiper linkage) has to be set properly or it will do what it is doing to you, the good news is that its fixable by readjusting the linkage on the motor stud, if you have the motor i think you have it should have 2 flats on the stud that the linkage sits on. if so the motor you got may be made wrong and you may need to replace it again. try playing with the adjustment on the stud of the motor. if thats all that was changed the the motor or the mounting is the issue. let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have played with that and it seems there must be an adjustment in the motor assembly to hold the power to the parking mechanism longer so the wipers can park properly below window??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try lengthening transmission arm and see what happens!!
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

OK LET ME KNOW