Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Technician
Experience:  I have 30 years experience repairing, restoring, and customizing cars, and pickup trucks.
9795573

1988 silver sper has a miss in the engine the fuel

Customer Question

1988 silver sper has a miss in the engine the fuel distributor was rebuilt plugs, wires replaced fuel lines, fuel pump, filter, too
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

was a compression test performed on the engine ? second if the vehicle sat for a while was the tank boiled out and cleaned? what cylinder is the miss on please ?

thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The tank was removed and cleaned the sock is replaced the compression 130 lb cylinder a 3 was washing with fuel. Oil and filter was changed I was able to set the air mix seting stil out plug pop out the titanium plug that hides it 6mm set screw
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it dose respond to adjustment on air mix screw
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I put 8 mm wires on it had 7 mm on it too
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I changed the injectors. I did all this to get a base line on the car I had no records to know where things were on the car

Ok is cylinder 3 misfiring still ? Reason fuel wash down Please let me know

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
3 is firing buy looking at the plug .not washed out now pull plug wire the Engine misses So it's fireing little gray black in color The fuel distributor was over feeling that cylinder Used a glass jar put injector in jar ran for 20 sec. Did num 2cylander to get a base line on amount of gas coming out of the distributor Sent fields Jupiter back twice to be rebuilt and supposedly calibrated
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sent fuel distributor back twice

ok then i would have to say the misfire is at another cylinder and needs to be isolated.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok I'm going to look it over tonight after work. Mmm isn't this fun ! Exchanging knowledge

Yep!!