K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Classic Car Mechanic
Experience:  AA in Auto Tech, Classic car restorer and enthusiast
68360881

I have a 73 dart sport what is the widest tire an wheels I

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 73 dart sport what is the widest tire an wheels I can fit on rear car stock spring up grade
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I like the L 60 I had on m71 duster
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

On the sport you can get a 275/60R15 with 10 inch rim under the rear, but you may have to roll the fender lip some. If it's a mostly street car I would run a 255/60R15 on an 8 inch rim.

Just be sure to measure for proper backspacing on your new rims. You can use your current set up to measure the backspace and see how much further back you can go. I'll post a link below for you

http://www.jegs.com/images/wheelmeasureguide.pdf

If you have any questions just reply back. If not, please take a moment to rate my service. Follow ups concerning this are always free even after rating my service for today.