rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I am having trouble getting the fuel pump to work on a 1073

Customer Question

I am having trouble getting the fuel pump to work on a 1073 Porsche 914. I replaced the fuel filter cleaned the fuel tank. The motor starts with me adding gas to the intake then it dies when out of gas. I put a rebuilt pump it makes no sound from the pump. I need advice.
Thanks. Ken
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

If you can't hear it running, check for power and ground to it.

Thanks, Ron