Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Will a 77 ford 400m motor fit easy into a 92 f150? both

Customer Question

will a 77 ford 400m motor fit easy into a 92 f150? both trucks are 4x4
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

You will most likely have to swap over motor mounts and wiring as well as radiator and transmission.You will probably need to modify the fuel system for fuel delivery and ignition switch controls.Usually going from a newer engine to an older engine is easier then going from an older to a newer system so this is possible but may take allot of modifying to get this done.Unfortunately I dont have an exact procedure on how this is done as this isnt available.You will have to inspect this yourself to see what all needs done.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete