Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech
Experience:  Built many Cars,like 66 gto,70 Cobra,Monster Truck The..
17290852

I started my 73 corvette last night and turned on the

Customer Question

I started my 73 corvette last night and turned on the headlights. The engine quit and I lost all electrical power fore the headlights came up. Turn the key and nothing. No click no power to lights, Windows or even radio. I replaced all the fuses under dash. The last couple of days the starter has been acting like it was not getting enough amps . It would click and then turn over and start in a couple of turns. Any help be appreciated.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 1 year ago.

Hello , This is very easy.....Just Buy you a reman starter lets say at Advance auto , Auto Zone,ect...The clicking is just bad & worn out brushes in the starter & your other issue is the solenoid on the starter which also has all voltage to your vett.....That s it ......about $60.00 Thanks Joey

Ask more if You Like