cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

I have a '76 eldorado. I was driving the other day with no

Customer Question

I have a '76 eldorado. I was driving the other day with no issue at all. Before I backed it into the garage I put the top up. The top was a little slow going up. As it reached the top it seemed like there may have been an electrical surge but I wasn't sure. I then backed into the garage. At this point I noticed none of the accessories were working. I turned the car off and attempted to restart but there was no power to the ignition. I would have thought I blew a fuse for the top but I don't know why all power is gone -- or how to fix?
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

have you went through and checked your fuses

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not yet but I wouldn't think a single fuse would shut down all power including ignition?
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

if it was the main fuse to the engine compartment you would loose all power