Ron, Classic Car Technician
Experience:  35 yrs. experience as an automotive technician.
7276279

I have a 1939 Cadillac Deville. my break warning light came

Customer Question

I have a 1939 Cadillac Deville. my break warning light came on. I did a quick inspection and noticed my brake master cylinder have a small leak. I bought a brand-new one not re-built. After installing it I bloodlines three times and that brake light will still not go out. I'm sure there's no air in the lines and do not want to spend a bunch of extra money. I've been told it's the proportioning valve which I find hard to believe. Brakes work feel normal when I play them hard the rear did not lock up. I have inspected the brake lines and all four wheels rotors pads there are no leaks rotors are warped and pads are wearing evenly. What could the problem be
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The break Waring switch is part of the proportioning valve and the light is likely staying on because you either have trapped air in the valve or the valve is bad. Before you consider replacing the valve try cracking the lines at the vale and see if you can bleed any air out of it just like you have at the master cylinder. It may take a few tries but in most cases if you can get the air out the light will go off.