Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Technician
Experience:  I have 30 years experience repairing, restoring, and customizing cars, and pickup trucks.
9795573

I have a 1933 willys with a corvette lt1 fuel injected

Customer Question

i have a 1933 willys with a corvette lt1 fuel injected engine my problem is the temp. goes to 210-250 but it does not overheat it has a computer in the car any help would be appreciated . thanks
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Classic Car Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The first thing you need to do is determine the exact temperature of the coolant. The sending unit or the gauge may be faulty. Autoparts stores carry a device that measures coolant temperature. If the coolant temp is too high, you next need to ensure that the radiator cap is maintain a 15 PSI pressure. A faulty rad cap will allow the coolant temperature to go higher than normal. If everything is OK and it still overheats, perhaps your thermostat is faulty, staying closed too long. Since it is a small engine compartment with a large engine, it is possible that either the radiator is too small or your CFMs on your cooling fan is insufficient. The engine are in a Willys is limited. Stuff a big V8 in there and the air passing thru the rad may be compromised. DO you have a push or a pull fan installed?