Matt, Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons mechanical engineering 20 years repairing my own cars and others, 8 yrs in formula 1 engin
12772297

I want to install sidedraft weber carbs on my 1954 Corvette

Customer Question

I want to install sidedraft weber carbs on my 1954 Corvette with stock inline 6. Can you direct me to a source for an intake manifold? Which weber carbs?
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

I'd say that you're going to need a one-off manifold as the original carter YH sidedraught carbs are different spacing and bolt pattern to a weber

plus the weber are a twin choke so 1 choke per inlet valve? so I'm assuming that you want to go 1 choke per valve for best power

I'd say that you'd want a Weber 40 or 45 DCOE - these are widely available and fitted to alfa romeo's, fiats and many aftermarket kits

try this firm

http://www.racetep.com/weber.html

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.