Ron, Classic Car Technician
Experience:  35 yrs. experience as an automotive technician.
7276279

My 87 vette conv. wont start same as on your web site

Customer Question

my 87 vette conv. wont start same as on your web site nothing silence no crank bat. good 14.3starter good
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

One common cause for a nor crank providing you battery is fully charged and the connections are clean and tight is usually a failed starter enable relay providing the VATS system is grounding the relay. The starter enable relay is in the center of the Instrument Panel (IP), near the audio alarm module. I would start first to see if you have a ground at the relay from the VATs module and power to it. I have enclosed the wiring diagram in the link below for reference . Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Start%20circuit%20Oct%209.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We changed the starter anabaling relay but no start we are now replacing the ignition cylinder?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay I'm here if you need me.