rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 1977 vw fule ini bug. I was driving it th either

Customer Question

I have a 1977 vw fule ini bug. I was driving it th either day and now the engine won't start. I figured it was the battery that was 7 years old so I out anew in and it won't start. Engine does not turnover at all. there is a very quiet"whirring" noise when I turn the ignition but nothing happens.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

The starter would be the next item to check . Be sure that all your connection are good without corrosion, and they are all tight. If battery and starter are good, check engine compression. Thanks, Ron