rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I just purchaed a 1969 Corvette Convertable. How do I get it

Customer Question

I just purchaed a 1969 Corvette Convertable. How do I get it from the Park position into the Driving position? Thank you fr the help.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

First, apply the brake, push the button on the shifter down and try that. If that doesn't work, try moving the steering wheel left to right, then try shifting it, it may be locked to tight to one side or the other. Thanks, Ron