Matt, Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons mechanical engineering 20 years repairing my own cars and others, 8 yrs in formula 1 engin
12772297

How do you repair a 1977 630CSi odometer?

Customer Question

Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

inside the speedometer the odometer arm that ratchets the milage 'barrel round and this can sometimes stick

if this is the VDO instrument then these can tricky to dismantle as the bezel ring aorund the outside of the instrument is swaged over the edge so it needs prising back all the way round

if you're not comfortable doing this I'd suggest sending the gauge off to a specialist such as

http://www.usspeedo.com/

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Different expert. Did you need more specific directions on accessing the speedometer as in removing the cluster, or something else

If possible, please provide the vin number so I can pull any needed diagrams to help you in this

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.