Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 65 continental convertible. Starting hearing a

Customer Question

I have a 65 continental convertible. Starting hearing a clicking noise in trunk...assume either a motor or relay for top.
Tried closing top...lid opened about 4 inches and stopped.
Any thoughts from this general description?
Thanks
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect for any damaged linkage or components for the top system.If a fault is found with any of the components the affected component will most likely need repaired or replaced to correct this fault here.Usually it is bound up linkage that can cause this fault here needing repaired if found broken or bent.If this has all been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.