K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Classic Car Mechanic
Experience:  AA in Auto Tech, Classic car restorer and enthusiast
68360881

WORKING ON A 1967 CADILLAC DEVILLE 429. I WANT TO REPLACE

Customer Question

WORKING ON A 1967 CADILLAC DEVILLE 429 CID. I WANT TO REPLACE THE FREEZE OUT PLUGS. I KNOW OF THE SIX LEFT AND RIGHT LOWER BLOCK LOCATIONS. MY KIT COMES WITH SIX SMALLER PLUGS AND ONE LARGER. ALSO BOTH LEFT AND RIGHT HEADS SEAM TO HAVE SOFT METAL PLUGS FRONT AND REAR. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME ALL THE FREEZE PLUG LOCATIONS ?
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Hello, there are the three on each side of the block, the one's in the heads and one at the rear of the engine. There are also 3/8 pipe plugs at the rear of the engine. I'll post a link below to all the plugs if you wish to order the others.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1320220&parttype=11833&a=www.google.com%2BSearch%2Bfor%2B1966%2BCADILLAC%2BDEVILLE%2B7.0L%2B429cid%2BV8%2BEngine%2BCylinder%2BHead%2BPlug&blanktemplate=true