Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 1978 Cadillac Seville and the alarm was tripped now

Customer Question

I have a 1978 Cadillac Seville and the alarm was tripped now the park lights will not go off
Category: Classic Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a Cadillac deville not seville
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

If this is an after market alarm system that is installed on your model here this may be a fault with the alarm control module itself as I have seen these fail internally electronically before causing issues like this here.This would need to be tested usually by an auto accessory install facility to be sure this is the cause here.You may also have a short in the after market wiring for the park lights causing this as well.

If this is not an after market alarm system let me know so we can continue from here.

Thanks Pete