Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

1938 Lincoln v12. Distributor, coil, points, etc all rebuilt

Customer Question

1938 Lincoln v12. Distributor, coil, points, etc all rebuilt twice. New battery and plugs. Cannot get enough spark. Spark is very weak, even with all this new and rebuilt stuff.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

Inspect the ground and voltage feeds to the points/distributor itself to see if any wiring damage is found causing this issue here.In some cases this fault is due to low voltage or amperage from a ground or power wire to the distributor system that will cause this needing repaired.If this is or was all checked and found o.k. let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete,
Thanks taking the time for my question. Wires are new and you are right about grounds. This car is a 6 volt positive ground system. So, ground points are checked often.
Thanks for trying. I'll keep working it.
Jay
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know.

Thanks Pete